Get your costume ready! Area organizations are hosting Halloween activities throughout the next week all around Seward County. Check out a few of them here:
• Children at Little Leaps of Faith Child Development Center in Milford will hold a trick-or-treat parade beginning at 10 a.m. on Thursday, Oct. 31. The kids will walk around town in their costumes trick-or-treating at local businesses. Call (402) 761-3380 if your business would like to participate.
• The Country Bumpkins Pumpkin Patch is open Friday, Oct. 25, from 4 to 8 p.m. and Saturday, Oct. 26, and Sunday, Oct. 27, from noon to 8 p.m. Cost: $5 for ages 2-13 (all others free). The haunted house will be open Friday and Saturday, as well as Thursday, Oct. 31, from 8 p.m. to midnight. Cost: $5 per person. A kids and family photo session will be from 2 to 4 p.m. Oct. 26. Cost: $5 for session and picture. Costumes are optional. A free trunk-or-treat will be from 3 to 5 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 27. The patch is located at 2325 O Street Road near Milford. Call (402) 525-6349 for more information.
• The Seward Helping Hands Kiwanis Club will host a Family Night with pumpkin carving and pizza starting at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 29, at the Seward Civic Center, 616 Bradford Street. Bring your own pumpkin and carving tools. The event will include costume and carving competitions, games, door prizes, pizza and drinks.
• Hillcrest Evangelical Free Church in Seward will host its Fall Festival from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 31, at 2433 Progressive Road. The indoor event will feature a box maze, carnival games and candy. All are invited to attend.
• The Seward Senior Center will host a Halloween party Thursday, Oct. 31, at 1 p.m. Costumes are encouraged, and games and snacks are planned. The center is located at 1010 Manor Drive in Seward.
• The assisted and independent lobbies at Brookdale Seward Heartland Park will be open for trick-or-treaters Thursday, Oct. 31, from 5 to 7 p.m. at 500 Heartland Park Drive.
• The Seward United Methodist Church will host a trunk-or-treat from 5 to 7 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 31. Vehicle trunks filled with treats will be in the parking lot, along with two bounce houses. Treats, cocoa and coffee will be served inside the fellowship hall, with crafts and games. All are invited to attend. The church is located at 1400 N. Fifth Street in Seward.
Several businesses around the downtown area in Seward will be open late on Thursday, Oct. 31, passing out candy.
• The Utica Commercial Club will host a trunk-or-treat from 5 to 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 31, in downtown Utica. Free hot dogs and chips will be provided by First Bank of Utica. Those wishing to hand out candy should arrive by 4:45 p.m.