After a strong start to the season, the Wilber Legion seniors have hit a rough patch. The team lost to BDS 13-1 8-0 June 30 and then came up short at Tecumseh 6-4 July 2.
The offense hasn’t gotten going yet for the Wilber Legion juniors team. Post 101 came up short in two games to open the season, losing to Fairfield 8-1 June 19 and to BDS 7-1 June 21.
Area tracks and baseball diamonds are silent after the spring sports season for both high school and college was canceled. That includes track and field, baseball, softball, golf, soccer and tennis. Crete/Wilber/Friend sports editor Stephanie Croston took a drive recently to visit the empty …
Two Wolverines finished the state wrestling tournament on the Class C medal stand Feb. 22. Colby Homolka earned fourth at 138 pounds, and Eric Escobar placed sixth at 285.
Tri County finished the District C1 wrestling tournament Feb. 15 on a high note. The Trojans had six wrestlers qualify for the state tournament and finished third in the team standings.
- Wilber baseball hits rough patch, looks to right ship
- Juniors take field for first games
- Wilber seniors open season strong
- Season stops, athletes try to keep going
- Wish replaced by what
- Wish you were here - Saline County edition
- Trojans struggle at state tournament
- Two Wolverines medal at state wrestling
- Seward gets an all-star, welcomes softball teams
- Stops, spikes and goodbyes in today's Daily Update
- News for an eventful Seward weekend
- Boldt named CAMC’s new CEO
- Into the second half of 2020
- Only a month until school
- Run, Cochnar, Run
- Plymouth to hold "Open Gardens" day drive event
- Auxilladora T. “Dora” Bianco
- Dicamba sales, use continue in Nebraska