The Tri County wrestlers struggled at the state tournament Feb. 20 through 22. All six who qualified were 0-2.
Two Wolverines finished the state wrestling tournament on the Class C medal stand Feb. 22. Colby Homolka earned fourth at 138 pounds, and Eric Escobar placed sixth at 285.
Tri County finished the District C1 wrestling tournament Feb. 15 on a high note. The Trojans had six wrestlers qualify for the state tournament and finished third in the team standings.
In three games last week, the Tri County boys’ basketball team saw a little bit of everything. It edged Thayer Central 44-42 Jan. 28, lost to Lourdes Central Catholic 66-59 Jan. 31 and beat Pawnee City 72-50 Feb. 1.
Wilber-Clatonia had a great tournament Feb. 1. The Wolverine wrestlers won three individual titles and finished third in the Southern Nebraska Conference team standings.
The Tri County boys’ basketball team was 2-1 in three games last week, beating Diller-Odell 58-46, losing to Falls City Sacred Heart 57-27 and topping Johnson County Central 62-51.
The Tri County wrestling team went 2-1 in a quadrangular at Fairbury Dec. 12 and finished fifth at North Bend Central Dec. 14 behind some highly ranked teams in Classes B and C.
- Trojans struggle at state tournament
- Two Wolverines medal at state wrestling
- Wilber-Clatonia sends eight to state tournament
- Six Trojans qualify for state wrestling
- Trojans open conference week with victories
- Three Wolverines win titles at conference
- Trojans go 2-1 in week's games
- WCHS comes back with wins
- State mandates Directed Health Measure for Seward County, two COVID-19 deaths in state
- HEALTH DEPARTMENT: 163 in quarantine, but no confirmed cases in Seward County, district
- Homemade masks won't help hospital, but call if you're willing to help
- Legacy Fund for Seward County launches COVID-19 response fund
- Late fees waived, shutoffs suspended for Seward residents affected by virus
- CEO says local hospital prepared for surge, infection control
- Coronavirus confirmed in Nebraska
- LOCAL HELP: Resources available for those in need and ways to contribute
- The Great Easter Egg Hunt is on
- What about the hospital? COVID-19 procedures in place at MHCS
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.