The Tri County girls’ golf team hosted its home Invitational Friday at Hidden Acres Golf Course in Beatrice.
The Wilber Legion juniors went 2-1 in their week’s games, beating Fairbury 3-1 July 10 and splitting a doubleheader with Sutton July 11. Game one went Sutton’s way 8-0, but Wilber came back to win game two 9-3.
After a strong start to the season, the Wilber Legion seniors have hit a rough patch. The team lost to BDS 13-1 8-0 June 30 and then came up short at Tecumseh 6-4 July 2.
The offense hasn’t gotten going yet for the Wilber Legion juniors team. Post 101 came up short in two games to open the season, losing to Fairfield 8-1 June 19 and to BDS 7-1 June 21.
Area tracks and baseball diamonds are silent after the spring sports season for both high school and college was canceled. That includes track and field, baseball, softball, golf, soccer and tennis. Crete/Wilber/Friend sports editor Stephanie Croston took a drive recently to visit the empty …
- Trojans golfers second at home meet
- Wolverines take second at tournament
- Wilber teams just miss diamond wins
- Wilber juniors win two of three; seniors battle on field
- Wilber baseball hits rough patch, looks to right ship
- Juniors take field for first games
- Wilber seniors open season strong
- Season stops, athletes try to keep going
- Ground breaks on new Orscheln location
- Nebraska State Trooper injured in accident near Dorchester
- State Trooper injured in crash near Dorchester
- Shari S. Kralik
- Hurdles facing the local meat markets
- Boerger heads Nestle plant
- Jack A. Zimmer
- Little Brown Boxes of Seward County history
- Crete Foodnet gifted with donation
- Leslie D. Cox
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.