Area schools and businesses will honor local veterans and military members at the following events:
• St. John Lutheran School will recognize Navy member Brian Krohe and his family at its Veterans Day Revue on Thursday, Nov. 7, at 7 p.m. in the sanctuary. A program will honor the family, whose children attend the school, in preparation for Brian’s upcoming deployment.
• Seward High School will hold a free luncheon from 12 to 1:15 p.m. Monday, Nov. 11. RSVP to (402) 643-2988. A program will follow at 1:30 p.m. in the auditorium. It will feature Brig. Gen. (ret.) Roma Amundson as guest speaker.
• Seward Middle School will host a program in the gym at 8:30 a.m. Monday, Nov. 11, with coffee and cookies afterward for all veterans and their families.
• Centennial Public School will host a program at 10 a.m. Monday, Nov. 11, in the auditorium. Cookies and coffee will be served for veterans by the student council starting at 9:30 a.m.
• Milford High School will host a program at 11 a.m. Monday, Nov. 11, in the high school auditorium, with a guest speaker and music. The elementary program honoring veterans will be at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 12, in the auditorium.
• Ridgewood Rehabilitation and Care Center will host Sen. Mark Kolterman at 1:30 p.m. Monday, Nov. 11, to present pins to veterans at the center.
• A dedication for the Utica veterans memorial will be Monday, Nov. 11, at 5 p.m.