Area junior high and middle school athletes competed for their schools during the fall football, volleyball and cross country seasons.
The Milford girls’ cross country team made school history Oct. 25, winning the first-ever state trophy in girls’ athletics at the school with its second-place team finish in Class C.
Milford’s cross country teams had a good day at the district meet Oct. 17 in Aurora. The Eagle girls brought home the district title, the second in school history, while the boys finished third.
Milford and Fillmore Central had something in common when they started their football game Oct. 11. Both teams were missing their starting quarterbacks who were out with injuries.
Milford’s cross country teams added to their trophy cases last week. The girls’ team won the team title at the Malcolm Invitational Sept. 24, and the boys’ team was third. The Eagle girls came back Sept. 30 to win second at the University of Nebraska at Kearney Invite.
Malcolm hosted its annual Boosters Invitational Sept. 12 and 14. Milford finished fourth in the tournament, falling to Malcolm 25-23, 25-21 to open, beating Fairbury 25-22, 25-17, beating Fort Calhoun 22-25, 25-18, 25-20, topping Centennial 25-14, 25-11 and losing to Lincoln Lutheran 25-…
- Junior high/middle school teams represent Seward County schools
- Milford cross country girls make school history
- Eagle runners fly to state meet
- Eagles shut out Panthers on road
- Athletes set new marks
- Eagles bring home hardware from pair of races
- Eagles pull away for first victory
- Eagles fourth at Malcolm Invite
- Sheriff searching for man who fled scene near Garland
- Man who fled apprehended near Garland
- Parade of Homes set for this weekend
- New details presented in Trail hearing
- Centennial grad named Young Music Educator of the Year
- Camp leads to Disney for Crete cheerleaders
- Richard “Dick” W. Gardner
- Jane Gardner
- Lori A. Leif
- DQ moving to other end of block
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.