Randy Pryor looks around his office and laughs.
The city of Friend formally terminated Patrick Gates, former utilities supervisor, and Debbie Gilmer, former city clerk, during a public hearing Nov. 13.
Late last month, Saline County residents with land signed up in the Milligan One wind farm project received a letter asking for no hunting to take place for the next two hunting seasons.
A termination hearing for two Friend city employees was set for Nov. 13. Former Utilities Superintendent Patrick Gates and City Clerk Debbie Gilmer were allegedly involved in overspending on swimming pool and maintenance supplies, costing the city over $1 million.
Members of the public were able to meet Kevin Clark of Clark Architects in Lincoln and hear possible plans for the Warren Opera House renovation Nov. 3.
A second lawsuit has been filed against EDF Renewables, Milligan One Wind LLC, Aksamit Energy Development, Aksamit Resources Management, Golden Rock Wind LLC, US Development LLC, York Nebraska Wind Partners LLC and Saline County.
As winter weather systems begin to approach the state, the Nebraska Department of Transportation encourages drivers to be prepared for winter driving conditions.
Students from seven schools, including 21 from Exeter-Milligan, grew their leadership skills at the Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA) District 4 Leadership Conference.
Members of local Saline County fire departments each received a $3,000 donation from EDF Renewables at a mutual aid meeting at Friend City Hall.
- Pryor looks ahead to retirement
- City employees terminated, misused funds cited
- Hunting notice causes concern
- City holds termination hearing after audit finds extreme overspending
- Public gets details on renovation plans
- Second lawsuit filed against EDF, county
- Opera house renovation moves forward
- Be prepared for winter driving conditions
- Sheriff searching for man who fled scene near Garland
- Man who fled apprehended near Garland
- Parade of Homes set for this weekend
- New details presented in Trail hearing
- Centennial grad named Young Music Educator of the Year
- Camp leads to Disney for Crete cheerleaders
- Richard “Dick” W. Gardner
- Jane Gardner
- Lori A. Leif
- DQ moving to other end of block
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.