You can place a basic listing of your organization's event on our community calendar at no charge by following this link:
Calendar event guidelines:
- Create a free profile by clicking on "Post Your Event" button.
- To have your event posted in time, allow at least 3 days lead time. You may post events up to a year in advance.
- If you have a standing date for your event (first Sunday every March, third Thursday every month, etc.) you can post that once and it will be repeated automatically.
- Your event must have a Seward County location or connection.
Non-profit Organizations may post any event that is open to the public.
Businesses may post special events (not sales) with a 15-word limit. For more information, contact the Seward County Independent at 402-643-3676.
Government agencies may post all regular and special meetings as well as community events.
Schools may post major events of public interest only, excluding sporting events which remain on individual school calendars. For sporting events, residents may view each school's calendar.
All submissions will be reviewed and may be edited for length, content, etc. An event may not be posted if the reviewers determine it does not meet the guidelines. All decisions of the reviewers are final.
After submitting your event, you're given the opportunity to enhance your listing for a fee. There are a few options you may choose from:
- Enhanced listing on our main website.
$20 for a post of up to a week, or $70 for up to a month.
- Enhanced listing exclusively in our SCI Now Email update.
This email is sent out daily Monday through Friday to readers who have signed up.
$20 for up to two days